Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word or RTF document file format.
- Author will be responsible for any form of plegiarism regarding this submission.
ArticlesSection default policy
The Journal is fully committed to transparency in regards to the issue of copyright and copyright ownership. Authors who submit papers to the Advances in Social Sciences and Management (ASSM) retain ownership of their original material. Although as part of the open access process authors permit other individuals, organisations and institutions to access the said material. Whilst other parties may well access materials if they quote from them they are expected to fully credit the author/authors. It is important to remember that the rights of authors are granted and apply only to articles for which you are named as the author or co-author. The author's rights include the following:
- The right to make copies of the article for your own personal use (including in the course of academic teaching and other scholarly endeavours)
- The right to reproduce and distribute copies of the article (including in electronic form) for personal use
- The right to present the article at conferences and meeting and distribute copies at such gatherings
- You have patent and trademark rights to any process or procedure described in the article that was formulated by the author/authors
- The right to include the article in full or in part in a thesis or dissertation provided that this is not published commercially
- The right to prepare other derivative works, to extend the article into book-length form, or to otherwise reuse portions or excerpts in other works, with full acknowledgement of its original publication in the journal
Authors who submit papers that are submitted and accepted for publication in the journal agree to the following:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License version "CC BY 3.0"(this allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and the place of first publication)
- Authors are perfectly entitled to enter into separate contract arrangements for on-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work providing there is an acknowledgement of its initial place of publication
- Once submitted and accepted papers can post-print provided they are in the same format as it appeared in the journal, however, pre-prints are not permitted.
- Authors may use data contained in the article in other works that they create
- Authors may reproduce the article, in whole or in part, in any printed book (including a thesis) of which the author, provided the original article is properly and fully attributed
- Authors and any scholarly institution where they are employed may reproduce the article, in whole or in part, for the purpose of teaching students
Reader & Librarian rights
Readers and librarians are free to make copies of articles without seeking specific permission in the following circumstances: 1) are for private study and 2) are not sold
Open Access rights and Permissions for our Open Access
Articles can be distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY)licence. Authors retain full ownership of the copyright for their article, but undertake to allow anyone to download, reuse, reprint and distribute the article.
Authors are permitted to post the final, published PDF of their article on a website, institutional repository or other free public server, immediately upon publication, provided, a link is included between the web page containing the article and the journal's website.
Information We Collect
When you submit an article to our journal, we may collect the following information:
- Your name and contact information, including email address and affiliation
- The title of your article and its abstract
- The full text of your article
- Any supporting documents or images that you may provide
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to process and evaluate your submission. Specifically, we use this information to:
- Evaluate the content and quality of your article
- Communicate with you about your submission and the status of the review process
- Publish your article in our journal, if accepted for publication
- Maintain a record of all submissions to our journal
How We Protect Your Information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Sharing Your Information
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal information to outside parties. We may, however, share your information with our editorial board members and reviewers for the purpose of evaluating your submission.
Retention of Your Information
We will retain your information for as long as necessary to process your submission and evaluate your article. If your article is published in our journal, we will retain your information for archival purposes.
You have the right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you. You also have the right to request that we correct any inaccuracies in your personal information. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us using the contact information provided on our website.
Changes to This Policy